Endless Cultural and Educational Opportunities
Whether it’s the elegance of theater at the James Madison University (JMU) Forbes Center, the culture of the Bach Festival at Eastern Mennonite University, the beat of the Jazz Band at Bridgewater College or plays and concerts at Mary Baldwin University, entertainment opportunities abound at the local colleges and universities.
Nearby Cultural and Art Venues:
- Blackfriars Playhouse: American Shakespeare Center, Staunton
- Court Square Theater, Harrisonburg
- Frontier Culture Museum, Staunton
- Harrisonburg Children’s Museum
- New Market Battlefield Park
- Shenandoah Valley Folk Art and Heritage Center, Winchester
- Staunton Performing Arts Center
- Valley Brethren-Mennonite Heritage Center, Harrisonburg
- Virginia Quilt Museum, Harrisonburg
- Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library, Staunton
If you’re the more studious kind, audit classes for a small fee at Bridgewater College, sign up for a personal enrichment class at Blue Ridge Community College or attend a class trip or brown-bag learning lunch at JMU’s Lifelong Learning Institute.
Bridgewater Retirement Community is located just minutes from Interstate 81, allowing easy access to many educational and cultural opportunities.