The concept for Bridgewater Retirement Community started in 1958 through a special report that was presented at the Church of the Brethren District Conference on “Brethren Ministry to the Aging.” Through this presentation, the Home for the Aging committee was formed and plans were put in place to develop Bridgewater Home of the Aging, Inc. After many years of planning, hard work, and dedication, on May 1, 1965, Bridgewater Home for the Aging opened its doors with seven staff members and nine residents. By October, all 60 beds were occupied and more names were on the waiting list.
Today, Bridgewater Retirement Community is located on 89.3 acres within the Town of Bridgewater. Bridgewater Retirement Community consists of 242 independent living cottages and apartments, 86 assisted living apartments (16 of those being memory support), and a newly renovated Huffman Health Center that is home to 6 new nursing households that are home to 127 residents.
Promoting an Engaging Lifestyle within our Compassionate Community
Enhance and Energize Healthy Living