Please direct all press and media inquiries to Crista Cabe, director of marketing and sales.
email@example.com | 540-828-2621 (office) | 540-688-8149 (cell)
When there is news to share, updates are recorded on our COVID-19 Information Line (1-540-828-2444).
Download BRC Guide for Visitors/Independent Living: Gatherings Brochure.11.20.20
In the News
Campus-Wide COVID-19 Prevention Policies
- All incoming traffic must enter at the North Second Street entrance and check in at the “Guard Shack.” Secondary campus entrances are closed to vehicles.
- Campus visitors must be screened (including temperature check). Contractors and visitors are screened at the Guard Shack. No one with COVID-19 symptoms or who has been exposed should enter.
- All team members are screened (including temperature checks) at the beginning of each shift. All team members must wear surgical masks while on duty.
- Care packages and deliveries for Assisted Living, Memory Support, and Nursing Households may be left on the table in the vestibule of the Administrative Center at 302 N. Second Street.
- Large campus events and community gatherings are canceled until further notice. Resident activities have restricted attendance, observe social distancing, and require masks.
- Dining venues, Fitness Center, and Maple Grove Salon are open for BRC Independent Living residents, with physical distancing and other infection prevention protocols in place.
- Everyone is encouraged to continue practicing good COVID-19 prevention efforts by washing hands and using hand sanitizer regularly; maintain social distances of at least six feet from other people; and avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Independent Living move-ins continue with strict prevention protocols. There have been more than 40 safe move-ins since the pandemic started.
- Assisted Living, Nursing Household, and Memory Support admissions also continue with appropriate isolation and testing protocols.
Information about guidelines for nursing homes in Virginia may be found here on the Virginia Department of Health website.
Guidelines for Visitors
- Visitation is permitted outdoors and in personal residences
- Visitors should avoid indoor common spaces such as hallways, lounges, and meeting rooms
- Visitors are not permitted in the Custer Dining Room, fitness center, library, or Maple Grove Salon
- Visitors may get take-out food from the Junction but may not dine in
- When visiting apartment buildings, please proceed directly to the individual residence and do not linger in hallways
- Wear a mask at all times and maintain a distance of at least 6 feet
Independent Living Residents should monitor Wellzesta regularly for updates.
Nursing Households, Assisted Living, and Gardner House:
Effective 12/7/2020: Due to the high local positivity rate (16.3% as of 12/14/2020), regular visitation is suspended for Assisted Living, Gardner House, and all Nursing Households. If you have questions, please contact your loved one’s household leadership.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribe to emergency updates via email, and to share any questions or concerns regarding our prevention efforts. We will do our best to respond to all inquiries within a business day.