The BRC Foundation has a new name and logo—but it’s the same trusted foundation that’s served BRC since 1983.
Since its beginning, the BRC Foundation has raised funds to support our mission to care for residents who have exhausted their financial resources, but it has grown significantly! The Foundation now also supports wellness programming, raises capital funds for major infrastructure projects, and provides support for team members with scholarship opportunities and emergency relief.
When you or a loved one becomes a BRC resident, the Foundation’s efforts help to ensure that our community is your Home No Matter What—providing support so that no resident who has exausted their financial resources is ever asked to leave. Today, around 1/3 of residents in Assisted Living and Nursing receive world-class, compassionate care through the support of the Foundation.
Over the years, the Foundation has also helped BRC expand both its capacity for service and its physical footprint by raising funds for the construction of the Wampler Wing, the complete renovation of the Huffman Health Center, Assisted Living expansion and renovation, and the establishment of Concord House—our brand-new memory support household. Today, the Foundation also supports wellness programming to improve resident quality-of-life; provides scholarships, emergency support, and wellness benefits to team members; and even gives back to our greater community!
All of this is made possible through the generosity of donors giving annually and including the BRC Foundation in their estate plans.
Your gift to the BRC Foundation is a thoughtful way to directly benefit the lives of our residents, team members, and community.
Become a BRC Energizer
Energize our mission with your ongoing monthly support.
Why become a monthly donor?
- You want to support our mission to care for residents who have exhausted their resources and create an engaging lifestyle for our residents.
- You automate your giving and can set an amount that fits your budget.
- It is safe, convenient, and paperless.
- Every gift size matters.
- Supports resident programs.
- Purchases needed equipment and vehicles.
- Assists in spiritual life activities.
- Provides benevolent care through the Forever Family Endowment.
Other Impact Opportunities
In addition to our new name and logo, we’ve also updated the names of the Resident Care and Pastoral Care Endowment Funds. Plus, we’re expanding our funds to increase our impact and provide donors with more opportunities to give to support the efforts that mean the most to them.
Support our Residents.
Forever Family Endowment (formerly Resident Care Endowment Fund)
The Forever Family Endowment supports opperations in Assisted Living and Nursing Households for residents who have exhausted their financial resources. No resident ever needs to leave their home because they have run out of money. This endowment ensures we keep our Home No Matter What Promise.
Spiritual Life Endowment (formerly Pastoral Care Endowment Fund)
The Spiritual Life Endowment supports the operations of Lantz Chapel, the work of our two chaplains, and spiritual enrichment programming across campus—from vespers and Bible studies to end-of-life care and our team member spirtual care training program.
Energized Life Fund
To age well, one must live well. This fund supports innovative on-campus programming to enhance wellbeing across eight distinct dimensions of wellness: physical, emotional, intellectual, social, vocational, environmental, financial, and spiritual. This is our newest support opportunity, and your gifts will help us launch new programs such as:
- Expanded access to visual and performing arts.
- New wellness classes and equipment, meditation rooms, and massage therapy.
- Lecture series and a resident-led summer school.
- Volunteer programs to support occupational wellness.
- And more!
Support our Team.
Work Well Fund
Resident quality of life rests with our team members. We need a healthy, active, and engaged team with up-to-date skills, qualifications, and creativity to help our residents maximize every day. The Work Well Fund supports team members with:
- Scholarships for professional development and degree programs.
- Emergency financial relief in crisis situations.
- Programs to support health and the eight dimensions of wellness.
- Culture University, an internal training program that reinforces BRC’s culture of resident-centered care and servant leadership.
Support our Community.
BRC seeks to be an active and contributing member of the greater community. From forging partnerships with other nonprofits to expanding our outreach and volunteer efforts, this fund helps expand access to healthy aging throughout the Shenandoah Valley. Your gift to this fund helps:
- Support the development and operation of BRC Café, a social wellness program conducted in partnership with Valley Program for Aging Services.
- Establish partnerships between BRC and other nonprofits to tackle barriers to healthy aging in the Shenandoah Valley.
- Supports BRC’s team member and resident volunteer Community Connections Team as they conduct service projects and donation drives tos upport area causes.
Our Annual Fund is composed of unrestricted gifts that allow us the greatest flexibility to designate funds where they are most needed—whether it’s for employee education, transportation, activities, or resident programming.
The Easter Basket Project is an annual BRC tradition! Each Easter, we personalize Easter baskets for every resident in Assisted Living and Nursing Support. John Wayland 5th graders interview each resident to determine what they’d like in their basket and return the week before Easter to deliver them.