The Huffman Health Center
The Huffman Health Center is a non-traditional Bridgewater nursing home providing far more than just quality clinical care. Life in the Huffman Health Center is geared toward enhancing the overall quality of residents’ lives, whether this means strengthening the body, stimulating the mind or soothing the soul.
Bridgewater Nursing Home
There are six separate households reflecting the extraordinary culture of caring where residents feel respected and are genuinely involved and encouraged to contribute in daily life. We are proud of our household model nursing home because it provides the best setting for our residents.
Each household is designed to look like a home. The house households contain:
- Resident Bedrooms with Full Bathrooms
- Living Room
- Outdoor Space
- Dining Room
- Residential Inspired Kitchen Area
The households are designed to support the choices made daily by our residents. Meals are served by household team members in the comfort of our dining room.
Activities, field trips, and outings are planned for each household with team member, resident, and family involvement.
Household Model Nursing Home in Bridgewater, VA
We do not consider ourselves a typical nursing home. The household model nursing home approach is critical to helping our residents achieve the quality of life they desire.
We strive to create a community space that our residents embrace and recognize as home. Our environment helps grow relationships and creates a sense of home.
Residents are encouraged to make daily choices as part of this person-directed living opportunity.
Our positive approach extends to family and friends, who are always welcome to visit and to share insights with team members that may help us best serve a resident’s needs.
Huffman Health Center Services Include:
- Comfortably furnished bedrooms which residents may personalize with favorite possessions (both private and shared accommodations are available)
- Three well-balanced and nutritious meals per day with home-inspired details of china and silverware
- Care supervision by medical director
- 24-hour nursing care provided by professional, licensed/certified team members
- Medication administration
- Social and therapeutic activity programs
- Personal laundry and linens
- Chaplaincy services
- Social services
- On-site salon
Bridgewater’s Huffman Health Center is certified as a skilled nursing facility, licensed by the State of Virginia and fully approved for Medicare and Medicaid.