The Huffman Health Center
The Huffman Health Center is a non-traditional nursing home providing far more than just quality clinical care. Life in the Huffman Health Center is geared toward enhancing the overall quality of residents’ lives, whether this means strengthening the body, stimulating the mind or soothing the soul.
There are six separate households reflecting the extraordinary culture of caring where residents feel respected and are genuinely involved and encouraged to contribute in daily life. Each household is designed to look like a home: resident bedrooms with full bathrooms, a living room, outdoor space, dining room and residential-inspired kitchen area. The households are designed to support the choices made daily by our residents. Meals are served by household team members in the comfort of our dining room. Activities, field trips, and outings are planned for each household with team member, resident, and family involvement. We do not consider ourselves a typical nursing home. Our positive approach extends to family and friends, who are always welcome to visit and to share insights with team members that may help us best serve a resident’s needs.
Services Available Include:
- Comfortably furnished bedrooms which residents may personalize with favorite possessions (both private and shared accommodations are available)
- Three well-balanced and nutritious meals per day with home-inspired details of china and silverware
- Care supervision by medical director
- 24-hour nursing care provided by professional, licensed/certified team members
- Medication administration
- Social and therapeutic activity programs
- Personal laundry and linens
- Chaplaincy services
- Social services
- On-site salon
Bridgewater’s Huffman Health Center is certified as a skilled nursing facility, licensed by the State of Virginia and fully approved for Medicare and Medicaid.